By Mohamed Abou-Donia
Mammalian Toxicology surveys chemical brokers and examines how such chemical substances influence on human overall healthiness, emphasizing the significance in minimizing environmental publicity to chemical and actual dangers in our houses, groups and places of work via such media as infected water, soil and air.
Starting with the fundamental rules on a variety of poisonous brokers, this textbook describes how they input the physique, their mechanisms of motion as soon as within, and methods for analysis, prevention and treatment.
Topics coated include:
- General rules of toxicology: pharmacological and toxicological ideas underpinning the examine of toxicology, danger exams and mechanisms of telephone death
- Disposition: routes of chemical exposures, access into the physique and numerous tissues, garage, metabolic biotransformation and removal, with examples from quite a few toxicants.
- Toxic agents: the occurrences, disposition within the physique, wellbeing and fitness results, poisonous mechanisms, antidotes and coverings of more than a few brokers together with insecticides, metals, solvents, gases, nanomaterials, nutrition elements and ingredients, prescription drugs, medications of abuse, usual pollutants, endocrine disruptors, radiation, and battle weapons.
- Toxic effects: together with neurotoxicity, developmental toxicity, immunotoxicity, teratogenecity, female and male reproductive toxicity, mutagenecity, carcinogenicity, pulmonary toxicity, cardiovascular toxicity, hepatotoxicity, gastrointestinal toxicity and cardiovascular toxicity
- Toxicology and society: epidemiological experiences of chemical-induced illnesses in human populations, and a imaginative and prescient for toxicology within the 21st century.
Mammalian Toxicology is an important primer for college kids of toxicology, biochemistry, biology, drugs and chemistry. it's also acceptable for pro toxicologists in examine or regulatory affairs, and someone who must comprehend the adversarial results of poisonous brokers at the human body.